Altho today... in the NE... you prob wouldn't know it----not at least in the Tri-State area (NY, NJ, Conn). Aside from the INCHES of rain accounted for today---there were also 5000 lighting strikes that hit the ground within a period of 60 min!
Of course its still warm with very high humidity, but the heavy rain and cloudy skies makes it seem like winter when you look out the window.

As my friend Jean in Seattle tells me---we have switched summers with you! She is RIGHT.

Today was the HOTTEST DAY EVER RECORDED in Seattle. My home city has not had a break in weeks--actually months---when it comes to 80 degrees and above temps! This is what a Seattleite dreams of.... until it happens. The complaints are pretty much full blown now as one can understand... pretty much no one has a/c in Seattle and all stores are sold out of air-conditioning units---even fans are hard to get.
I can go on and on and on and describe how hot it really is, but I think this picture says it best:

My friend Andrea's son Kaden (also in Seattle) taking his nap in front of the fan. 82 degrees in her house and 103 outside was what she reported earlier today. I love this picture and to me---it exemplifies summer perfectly!
Stay cool Andrea!! :)

0 comments: