home sweet home

Although I had a fun time in Seattle I was SO glad to come home!! I ! was so looking forward to seeing Tom. I got home around 5 and after having only three hours of sleep (thats what I get for hanging out with Geoff and Michele the night before) before catching my flight, the couch, the dogs and Tom were all I wanted to see. I had a great time with Geoff and Michele though so the teeny amount of sleep was worth it. Their sweet kids, Emily and Ashley are our little nieces--even though technically unrelated (That family is as close to us as our immediate families)!!!

We got tons of pics and I will post some for sure---but prob tomorrow when I am more awake and I feel like taking the long trip from the couch to my suitcase to grab my camera. :-)

One tidbit of news we'd like to add here that is relevant to my recent air travel (so it seemed to me at least thanks to my aisle neighbor in row 15 on fliht 1580...and relevant to Tom's homeland). Very interesting we both thought...

"Yesterday, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled that obese people will have the right to use two seats for the price of one on all flights within Canada.

The court declined to even hear an appeal by the Canadian Transportation Agency.

The Canadian airlines had originally lost an appeal, launched by Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz and WestJet, back in May at the Federal Court of Appeal.

The airlines were seeking to get a new appeal with the Supreme Court but they got denied."

Will America follow suit?

1 comments:

  1. ExportRyan said...

    Not sure about the Obese rule. What if you are fit, but simply very bulky? Do you still get an extra seat?
    Silly Canada.