wtc







I am really happy to say that I had my first class Monday evening and I love it! Neat to be back in the classroom scene actually. Most of the NYU buildings are in Greenwich Village, but this one is in the Woolworth Building in lower manhattan. This building opened in 1913 and was the tallest building in the city at the time. The World Trade Center buildings were only a couple blocks away and while this building was not damaged greatly, it was without electricity and phone service for weeks after 9/11.
The inside of the building is gorgeous--truly one of the most architecturally beautiful buildings in the city. I am attaching some pics as well as some from just around this area.

Before my class I headed to the WTC site. If you didn't know, you'd just think they were doing normal city construction.
Not much has been developed yet in the empty area. I am attaching a pic. You can't really tell from the picture, but when looking up to the skyline the gap between the remaining buildings is sadly, very large.

Coming from the West Coast, 9/11 was of course extremely devastating. But walking around the site, seeing all the people just walking on the street going about their normal day, or me sitting in my class, it is hard to imagine what it was like for New Yorkers that day. Its still devastating.

1 comments:

  1. Lauren & Caitlin said...

    Congrats on your 1st day of school:)