New Endeavor- Sports Writer

Hello readers! This post is not meant to be a toot my own horn type of post, but it is to notify you to check out Empire Sports Now! It is a NY-area Sports blog that I am now a writer for! As you know, I love to write and while travel writing is my passion---I am a huge sports fan and a huge NY area sports fan which led me to this site and this fabulous opportunity!!

Being their newest writer, I have been assigned the New Jersey Nets. For those of you who do not follow sports or the Nets-- tell everyone they are your favorite team and that you love them and that you never miss a game!!

For those of you who know a bit about the NBA (National Basketball Association) will know that the Nets have THE WORST record in the NBA right now (2-22) and they just can't seem to catch a break. While it is difficult to write about them in a positive way that keeps my readers engaged----its great fun for me to be involved in basketball again-this time as a journalist rather than a coach or a player.

If you know me well, you know that I am not a fair-weather fan. I do not jump on bandwagons (never have, never will like or have faith in the Seattle Seahawks or Seattle Mariners) nor do I become a hater when "my teams" have an off season or two (GO UW Huskies!!! Its just a re-building year (or 4)!!) so while it may be a difficult job writing about the Nets right now-- I am in it for the long haul and I am waiting for when they turn the page on this season!! :)

Enjoy the website. It covers all NY area sports. Please do leave a comment or, if you are so inclined, follow us on twitter! As always, thanks for reading this blog and I hope you have a moment to check out my new undertakings at
http://empiresportsnow.com/


1 comments:

  1. Lauren & Caitlin said...

    As Lauren would say, "Nice job, Diana!"