save yourself some $$



Tonight on the news my favorite and the most trustworthy newscaster ever, Brian Williams, reported that the cost for a middle class income family to raise a child born in 2008-- for the child's first 18 years (NO COLLEGE TUITION INCLUDED)-- has been calculated at $291,570.

Holy cow. HOLY COW. I am sure our dogs are just a fraction of that cost and now that I know this fact, even though children are no where on our life plan at all, I don't feel so bad about spending what some may feel is WAY too much money on name brand work-out gear (its worth it Honey!!) or wanting a new car...

That got me thinking on other ways, aside from not having kids, that one can save money in this horrid economy and especially in this part of the country.

That thought naturally led me to my friend Angie's blog. Ang and I were friends in high-school but lost touch after graduation. Come to find out, through the wonder of online communication sites, that we both moved to the East Coast the same month of the same year. I am sure you are recalling her name as you read this--she has been in many of my posts in the last year or so as we have had many NY adventures together--and more to come!!

Anyway-- Ang started a blog on how to live and live well on a Seattle budget, but in NYC.

Check out her site and even if you don't live in NYC--her info is timely, helpful and humourous---and releveant to all parts of the country!
http://seattlegrl.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. SeattleGrl said...

    Thanks Diana-you are too kind.....

    Love, Angie  

  2. Anonymous said...

    And if you add in the college tuition OH MY!!!  

  3. andy said...

    So I'm 900k in debt, but on the flipside I've got 3 more chances for someone to take care of me when I get old, right??? ;)