gorgeous night in NYC

The City Year banquet we went to last night (see most recent post) was held at Chelsea Piers in the Meatpacking District in Manhattan. The excellent weather we have been having here continued through last night and we were loving the location of the Piers and the chance to mingle with friends and City Year Corp Members outside in the evening sun.

Chelsea Piers is a one stop shop for all things activity based! There is a HUGE 4 story golf driving range that looks out over the Hudson to Jersey, an ice rink, gymnastics, rock climbing full weight rooms, work out classes, soccer, basketball, sailing, kayaking, kids programs, spas, banquet areas... the list goes on. It is 30 acres of STUFF to do.

I am attaching some photos I snapped with my camera phone while at the Piers as well as before when Tom and I took a nice walk on the High Line Park above the streets of the Meatpacking District. (See this link on the High Line for an article I wrote on it a little while back).

Today the heat wave has tamed itself some and we are back to 60 degrees... but Spring is here to stay and it is soooooo nice!

View from the High Line and some new art on the chain link fence separating the finished section from the construction section of more Park.




my very handsome husband holding our beverages with Jersey City (and a teeny Statue of Liberty in the Hudson) in the distance.



View of the Empire State Building and the Sailing marina at Chelsea Piers. Look at that blue sky!




and finally... I had to add this one in. Its been so hot here and poor Frank has a little ear infection, so on the way to the vet we had some extra time so he and I stopped at the doggy boutique and bakery for some blueberry cheesecake ice-cream--for Frank. I opted out of a taste, but it did look really good.

1 comments:

  1. Captain Key said...

    Oh Frank, you are so spoiled! But I love you! :)