Life in 2010

One my twitter "friends" had "tweeted" about this and it is TOO good to not pass on to all of you!
The link and the below blip (written by the owner of this website I am linking you too as well as this awesome little blog post you will read) gives you an idea of how life in 2010 was thought to be per a 1972 library book.
What is a bit freaky, is that some of the "future projections" really aren't that far off... maybe except for the following: "In the year 2010 everyone wears a jumpsuit and shoes."

Page through the "book" with the arrows and page down to read all of the text of each page as well as some very humorous side notes/realizations from the blog author.

Here is the blip:
Back when I was a boy, I bought a children's book at my town's library book sale called "2010: Living in the Future" by Geoffrey Hoyle. Written in 1972, it had been withdrawn from the library's collection by the mid-80s, when I picked it up. I've somehow managed to hang onto it for 25 years and now, suddenly, here we are: 2010. I'm reproducing this long out-of-print book here to see how we're doing. Are we really living in the future? |a project by Daniel Sinker

Here is the link:
http://2010book.tumblr.com/post/310745454/cover

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did and if you ever find the actual book at an old flea market or garage sale--please snatch it up for me. Thanks in advance. :)

0 comments: