run like the wind!









Happy Sunday--another day closer to summer and we are very excited! We spent the weekend at the boat and enjoyed beautiful weather Friday and Saturday---but today, we got a bit of a front in and the weather turned a bit chilly.

Yesterday morning Tom, Lisa, John and I ran in the 6th Annual 5K Leukemia Remembrance Run in a teeny town at the shore called Bay Head. This town hugs the coastline and is full of mansions of homes right on the beach and on the surrounding avenues, quaint shops and surfers galore. It was the first time John and I had run a 5K and we had a blast! All 4 of us did well--finishing with what are considered excellent times! :) Poor Tom was even fighting a cold and he did fabulous. It was really foggy in the morning, but the sun soon came out and it was no time before Lisa and I were laying out on the front of the boat!

Here are some pics from the weekend and I'll close this post with this wonderful quote that seems so fitting for our anxious await of summer--- courtesy of the famous American novel 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald:

"It had been a golden afternoon and I remember having the familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer; by autumn my mood would be very different."

1 comments:

  1. Andrea said...

    I love the name of your boat! Looks like alot of fun